January 24, 2005

winter went away

Hello everyone!

I had a good weekend here. The weather has been very strange. After last weekend's ice storm we had record highs in the mid-60's. The daffodils will be blooming soon. Isn't it January??

Friday night I met a man at the Tonic Lounge for a few beers. His name is Mike and we started talking through Craigslist. He's smart AND funny. We're supposed to get together this week again. I'll keep you posted on my dating life.

I left the Tonic and met Camille and Jess and some other people at a friend's house. From there we walked down to The Nocturnal for System and Station's CD Release show. There were tons of people there that I know so I had lots of fun talking to everyone. I decided though it was unnecessary for me to stay for the whole show. I got my free CD. They played my favorite song off of it and then I went home.

Saturday morning Chris picked me up and we went to our regular breakfast place, Marco's in Multnomah Village. Oh how I love eggs benedict! From there we took Otis to a nearby dog park where we enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather and I took too many pictures of the dogs.

After Chris dropped me off I spent the day watching episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Pelican Brief. In the evening I went over to Elaine, Gina and Dave's place. Dave made everyone very tasty quesadillas and we played some Scrabble.

Sunday I volunteered at the art musuem. It was extremely busy there. There was a new exhibit that had just opened the day before. It's the first major museum exhibit on the arts of Native Americans that lived on the Columbia River. It was also Family Day so there were lots of kids there enjoying the activities. I spent much of the afternoon chatting on the phone with assorted people. In the evening I watched Garden State which I absolutely loved. I highly recommend it to!

So that was my weekend. I will be late with next week's posting as I have to go out of town for a work conference. I'll be at the coast from Sunday-Tuesday. Please let me know what you've been up to and how you are! I hope all is well!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home