January 05, 2005

so a new year begins

Hello!

I'm not really going to write about my last weekend but just my vacation after Christmas. One of the perks of working at a college is that I get off from Christmas to New Years without using a single vacation day. I spent several days up in Bellingham and Vancouver BC with my sister and then came back to Portland. I had a really great time hanging out with Elaine and Gina and Dave. We played frisbee golf 4 times that week: twice at Pier Park in North Portland and at both Dabney & Rooster Rock State Parks in the the gorge. I have so much fun and find myself wanting to go play all the time. The forests of Oregon are lush and mossy in winter and we don't even mind the rain as long as it's not pouring.

I watched a bunch of movies, read my book, ate good food and hung out with friends.

New Years was a pretty mellow affair over at Elaine and Gina's house. I was asleep by one o'clock. That day we decided it would be fun to go the coast. Dave's parents have a place in Garibaldi. We packed up quick and hit the road. We stopped in the local pubs for some drinks and to check out the locals and the live music. It was all very entertaining. Elaine got some oyster shooters which I tried for the first time and LOVED. Eating them at the coast is definitely the way to go. We had a huge breakfast on Sunday morning at the Pirates Cove. Afterwards we went to the beach and walked around. We walked out on the jetty and were mesmerized by the sea lions surfing in the waves. It was spectacularly sunny and beautiful out.

On our way back to Portland we had planned to play frisbee golf at Timber which is in the coast range. Unfortunately snow and cold temperatures at that elevation prevented us from playing so we just played at Pier Park in Portland when we got back.

So that's what I've been up to...check out all the new pictures I just posted. Just so you know you can click on any picture to see it bigger if you'd like.

Let me know what you've been doing!

Happy New Year!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home