January 10, 2005

Vote for Pedro

Hello everyone!

I had a really nice weekend here. Friday I stopped at Elaine & Gina's house on my way home from work. I hung out there for a while and played some lightning round Trivial Pursuit before heading home to make myself the best BLT (and avocado) sandwich ever! I watched "Lost in Translation" and read my book which I am rapidly devouring (East of Eden by John Steinbeck).

Saturday I went to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) with Jess. I had never been there before and was always saving it for some winter day. They have a really incredible exhibit showing development from zygote to full term fetus. At 3 weeks it is tiny tiny but still looks clearly like a baby. wow! I was constantly thinking of Greta and the wonder of her pregnancy. We looked at snakes and walking sticks, crystals and turbines, holograms and tornadoes. It was lots of fun. I love science museums and hadn't been to one in ages.

That evening Matt came over to my house. I made us dinner and then we watched Napoleon Dynamite which I loved. Later we went down to the Twilight to see a show. It was for his friend's birthday. It was funny because the whole group of people were from the Midwest (Steven's Point, WI and Michigan). Apparently we're taking over. I had a great time hanging out with his friends.

Sunday I decide to not go to the volunteer party at the art musueum (margaritas and tamales at noon on sunday???). Instead I met up with Elaine, Dave, Terry and Jason to go frisbee golfing in Mt Tabor Park. This park is right between my place & Elaine's house so we're excited about having such a close place to play frisbee golf. We met up with Jeff in the park who new the course and showed us around. The course isn't well marked and there aren't any baskets but you just aim for particular trees or lamp posts. there were a few frisbees stuck in trees but we eventually dislodged them. I had a really great time and can't wait to play it again.

I went home and showered and ate lunch. In the evening I went back to Elaine and Gina's house. Gina and I started a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. It was almost done when I left. We all gathered around the TV to watch "24". We're all addicted to the show. It's our weekly heart attack and we love it.

So that was my weekend!

Please let me know what you've been up to and how your weekend was.

much love,
carolyn

ps For anyone wondering about Nandita...I got an email from both her and Jochem this weekend. They arrived in India on the morning of the tsunami. They flew into Bombay which was unaffected. Nan's dad's family is from Madras and there was so damage there but all her family is okay. They'll be back in the states soon. She did mention that they'd seen some tigers. crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home