January 18, 2005

january ice storm

Hello hello!

First of all I've posted some pictures I scanned in (the last roll of film I'll ever take) from my Christmas visit to Vancouver with Sara so please scroll down to check those out if you're interested.

I also have 6 invites for gmail...an email account through google that gives you a massive amount of storage. Please let me know if you're interested and I'll send one your way.

My weekend was largely controlled by the weather. We had another January ice storm but there was absolutely no snow unlike last year's event. I went to Elaine and Gina's on Friday night. Elaine made a great dinner and we played games and waited for the weather to turn. I decided to get stuck at their house rather than at my apartment so I spent the night in their cozy guest bed. I woke early to the sound of sleet which turned into freezing rain over the course of Saturday. We played card games, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, played rummy kub, watched movies, made food and generally had a pretty good time occupying ourselves while the outside everything became coated in an ever-thickening layer of ice. In the evening we slipped and skated our way (on foot not driving) to a local bar that was serving food. Gina and I shared a ridiculously huge quesadilla. When we got back to their house a few people went sledding down the icy hills while others of us stayed in and watched Napoleon Dynamite.

Sunday was even more slippery outside. The rain finally stopped and the temperature started inching up leading to a thin layer of water over the ice. By mid-day the icy streets had melted and travel was again possible. I was lucky to share a huge breakfast of french toast, potatoes and sausage with everyone before finally scraping off my car driving back to my apartment. I finished the book I was reading "The World According to Garp" and watched movies.

I spent Monday at home thanks to the holiday. I did some pilates, read some more, watched some more movies. In the afternoon Gina stopped by with some mochas so we hung out for a little bit. That evening I was back at the Hilberts for some Scrabble and our weekly dose of "24" on tv.

So that was my weekend. icy and filled with games...good stuff! Now it's freakishly warm (almost 60!) and the snow is melting at the higher elevations leading to flooding etc. If it's not one thing it's another! Let me know how you are and what you've been doing!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home