December 13, 2004

wanna buy a photo card?

Hello everyone!

I had a really great weekend! Friday night I went over to Molly's house in Sellwood. She was hosting a girl's night/sleepover. We all brought appetizers so there was lots of food and drinks and girls. It was really fun. We played some games and talked and snacked. Later in the night a bunch of them walked to a neighborhood bar for a few drinks. I was still getting over being sick so I elected to stay at the house and go to bed pretty early (1:30 not 5:30!) Going to bed early also meant I scored an actual bed to sleep in rather than the floor and my sleeping bag.

The next morning we met up with some people at the Doug Fir for breakfast. It was really fun and I was happy to be feeling even better and eating eggs benedict! Elaine and I worked on the crossword while we waited for our food.

Later in the day I hung out with Matt (cute boy I gave my phone number to last friday). I like him! we had hung out several times earlier in the week and we're going out for dinner tonight. I have a very nice time with him and am so glad that I met him. who knew!?

Saturday evening I went to Jess' house. We drove to New Seasons to order sandwiches and then we watched "The Big Lebowski" at her house. that movie cracks me up! the dude abides.

Sunday I volunteered at the musuem. there's a new exhibit up of Childe Hassam's work. he's an american impressionist who visited Oregon several times in the very early 1900's. His paintings of the eastern Oregon deserts and Mt Hood are beautiful! when my shift was done Gina picked me up. We drove into northwest portland to grab some lunch. We decided to eat at Goosehollow. We walked in and were suprised by how dark it was....their power was out. It was freakishly windy on Sunday so lots of people were without power. They were still serving cold sandwiches and beer so we stayed and ate. We got a booth by the window so there was more light but I did use their bathroom which was pitch black. Thankfully gina had a lighter which helped immensely. haaaaaaaa

After lunch we got some coffee and checked out a holiday gift sale in the coffee shop. We were really checking out the competition since gina & I were selling our own stuff at a holiday sale that evening. Gina's friend works at a cafe in the Pearl District (schmancy gallery area of Portland) where the sale was held. We set up the tables and set out our stuff. gina was selling necklaces that she makes and I was selling my photo cards ($2.50 a piece or 5 for $10). I made around $30. I was really excited because it's the first time I've sold them. Normally I just send them myself or give them as gifts to people. It felt so great to have money in my pocket that didn't come from my paycheck. People I work with have been encouraging me strongly to do something more with them so I was really happy to be invited to have a table at the holiday sale! yeah!

I'll get some pictures off the hilbert's digital camera & post them later this week.

So that was my weekend! Let me know what you've been doing!

hope all is well!

xox,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home