December 06, 2004

carolyn re-enters the dating pool

Hello everyone!

I had a nice mellow weekend here. Friday night I met someone at the Barley Mill Pub for a few beers and rounds of darts. I guess it was sort of a date though it was very casual. While I enjoyed his company and it was nice to meet someone new I don't see us going out again. This is big stuff for me though...I haven't really "dated" in 9 years so it's definitely good practice for me.

After I left the Barley Mill I met up with Gina and Dave at the Twilight where Dave's friend was playing a show. We had a great time talking in the booth and I even gave my number to a cute boy (brother of the musician playing)! teehee! From there we took a cab over to the Bonfire to meet up with Elaine and Paul who had done a catering job that night. We ordered some food and hung out until late. It was a really fun friday night.

Saturday I woke up too early. I'm not very good at sleeping in past 9 AM. I watched 42 Up which is the last of the 7Up series to be released. It was interesting to learn that one of the original 7 year old boys from england was a physics professor at UW-Madison the whole time I was going to school there. who knew! I talked on the phone with Camille for some time as she is in Idaho for a while.

Later Elaine picked me up & drove Dave & I down to the Twilight to retrieve our cars. I stopped by their house and hung out with them for a little while. I had a lovely late afternnon nap and then that evening Gabriel came over and we watched Spider Man 2 which had some great action sequences and some cheeseball dialogue. oh well.

Sunday I watched an immensely better movie, Dogville. It stars Nicole Kidman & was directed by Lars von Trier (Dancer in the Dark). It was an excellent movie that is still haunting me(a la Dancer in the Dark). It was very long and very provocative and would strongly recommend it to anyone that likes intense, thoughtful movies. wow! After that I really needed some human interaction so I went over to hang out with Gina. We went to the store to get the makings of burritos and bean dip. mmmmmm! Afterwards we played some skip bo with Elaine. it was a pretty laid back sunday for me!

so that's the latest. Let me know what you've been doing & how your weekend was. I hope all is well.

much love!

carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home