December 20, 2004

blue sky and white snow

Hello hello!

My weekend started with a friday night date with Matt. We went out to dinner at a place called Caldera. Afterwards we wanted to play shuffleboard and he knew of a bar that had a table. We drove there to find it weird & stocked with locals lording over the table. We had one drink & decided to go elsewhere. We ran into one of Matt's friends as we were leaving so he went with us to Hawthorne to have some drinks. We went to the Space Room first it was freakishly smoky and packed so we went across the street to the Bar of the Gods. I had a really nice time talking with the guys and drinking my amber ales.

Saturday I watched I, Robot in the morning (eh) and later went over to Elaine & Gina's house. It was really beautiful out so Gina & I decided to go play outside. First we drove up to Rocky Butte in NE Portland. It was perfectly clear out so the views of the mountains was incredible. Mt Hood was a colossal white peak and Mt St Helens had some steam coming from its crater. We took a bunch of pictures on Gina's camera and soaked up the beautiful views. I can't believe I've never been there before. We left Rocky Butte and stopped to get some coffee before going up to Mt Tabor. We walked up to the top and looked towards downtown in the evening light.

We then stopped at the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner. Elaine had cooked a corned beef so we made reubens and cabbage with bacon. After we ate we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which I LOVE. It was only 9 o'clock at that point so I decided to go over to Dave & Kate's house. They were hosting a little get together with beers, spiced cider and christmas cookies. It was fun to see some friends there that I haven't seen in a while.

Sunday I woke up early and met up with Elaine, Terry & Jason to go frisbee golfing. We drove out to Dabney Park which has an 18 hole course. It was only my second time playing and I think it's so much fun. I had some terrible throws into the blackberry brambles and on top of a holly tree. way to go elaine-climbing the tree and shaking it down! I also had some good throws and most importantly had a great time. About half way through it started misting on us but the real rain didn't start until we were driving home so we were lucky to have gone out early.

I went home and chatted on the phone with Becky while I made some beef stew (5 hours at 275=tender yumminess!). Jess came over and we exchanged Christmas gifts and talked and watched a movie "Collateral". Tom Cruise was quite menacing and Jamie Foxx was excellent. So that was my weekend!
On Friday I'll be taking the train up to Bellingham to spend a few days with my sister. I'm so excited about taking the train for the first time and so happy to be able to hang out with Sara.

I hope you all have WONDERFUL Christmas with your family and friends. I'll be thinking of you!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home