March 28, 2005

the rain has returned and I'm done unpacking boxes

Hello everyone! We had a rainy, windy weekend around here. Winter seemed more like summer and spring seems more like winter. That's okay though because we desperately need the rain. Friday night Gina picked me up. We went to O'Malleys to meet up with her cousin, Garrett who was celebrating his birthday. We had a drink and they played some pool before the three of us headed over to Sassy Jacks to catch Dave and his friends playing. There were lots of people at the show including Elaine & Gina's parents. I had a great time and was so happy that I could just walk 5 blocks home to my place at the end of the evening.

Saturday Camille & I finished the last of the major unpacking in the house. We got the kitchen all set up and even the sunporch. The house is looking really great and I promise to take pictures soon. Saturday night I went over to Elaine & Gina's house and we drove down to Madison's for some dinner and beers. We were out celebrating Erin's 29th birthday. From there we called our cab driver friend who drove us to the Crystal Ballroom where we had tickets to see Super Diamond, the greatest Neil Diamond cover band EVER! The guy sounds EXACTLY like Neil Diamond! The story is that even Neil Diamond thought he was lip synching he sounds so good! We had tons of fun dancing and singing along. I have a special place in my heart for Neil since "Sweet Caroline" is the closest thing I've ever had to a song with my name in it. They played it and I had a blast! It was so much fun!

Sunday was rainy and cold out. I burnt some banana bread...first time ever!! I redeemed myself by making a huge vat of yummy chili. I watched movies and read the paper and did the crossword and talked on the phone with people. That night Camille and I watched Finding Neverland and we both loved it.

So that was my weekend! Let me know what you've been doing and how you are!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home