March 22, 2005

how many books can one girl own?

Hello hello!

My weekend was dominated by moving of course. Camille and I got the keys on Thursday so I moved some things over Thursday night and even Friday before work. Friday after work I got help from Elaine, Gina and Dave Wampler (visiting from Trout Lake and with his truck!!!) We filled Dave's truck, Elaine's Subaru and my car and headed over to the new house. After that Jess helped me move all my plants and I took another load of boxes in my car. I was amazed at how much we got done so I decided to relax the rest of the evening. I went down to Sassy Jack's to see Dave & Wampler play. There was a new mandolin player with them who was really good. Gina and I decided to head down to the Nocturnal to see our friends' band CD relese show. We waited for a bus that was only running every hour so we walked the few blocks to my new house & just drove down to the club. It was great to see some friends at the show that I hadn't seen in a while and everyone got a free CD that went! Gina and I headed back to Sassy Jacks and saw the end of Dave's show then we all crashed at their house. My bedroom was not fit for sleeping anymore as it was filled with boxes.

Saturday I woke up early and started moving stuff. Gina came over with her sister's Subaru and we really went crazy getting stuff over to the new house. We stopped for a beer and lunch late in the afternoon. We were pretty pooped and wet from the rain. Why does it not rain for weeks and then rain the one weekend I have to move everything I own??? I tried to take a nap at Gina's house but I couldn't really sleep so I just went back to the apartment and moved more stuff. That evening I got help from 4 people to move my furniture! Yeah for friends with trucks! I picked up some pho for dinner and I crashed at Gina & Elaine's house.

Sunday I went to my place and finished cleaning it. I put Fluffy in her kitty crate and we packed up the very last items. I had just one table that wouldn't fit in my car. I spent the afternoon starting to unpack. Later in the afternoon I borrowed Elaine's car again to move my table. I met up with Elaine and Dave at Thatcher's, a local bar that has bingo on Sundays. I enjoyed a beer and a few rounds of bingo. We picked up Camille and Elaine treated us to sushi for dinner. It was wonderful!

So I'm all moved! My phone number is the same and I'll send out an email with my new address. Camille and I are so excited about are new place. It is HUGE and great. We can't wait to barbecue in the backyard! yeah!

hope you are all doing well! Please let me know how your weekend was!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home