February 28, 2005

Spring is here!

Hello everyone!

It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Portland. Spring has definitely arrived early this year. All the flowering trees are in full bloom and perfuming the streeets (including right in front of my apartment). It was sunny and warm (in the 60's) all weekend!

I was lucky to have a dental appointment scheduled for 2 PM on Friday so I got to leave work early. My teeth were all cleaned by 2:25 I had the rest of the sunny afternoon to enjoy. I met up with Gina and we drove out to Pier Park to squeeze in 18 holes of frisbee golf before it got dark. On our way over the St Johns Bridge we saw Mt St Helens steaming. We discussed how this illustrates the point that people can get used to ANYTHING. It's no longer a big deal that there's a nearby volcano that is regularly sending huge plumes of steam thousands of feet in the air. It's two friday afternoons in a row now that I've seen the mountain steaming. I'm so lucky!

After frisbee golf we stopped at the store to pick up some food for dinner and went back to her house. We ate and then I went with Elaine to see Dave and his friends play at Sassy Jacks. There were 2 guitars, a mandolin and an accordion. They sounded great and I had lots of fun talking with everyone.

Saturday morning a big group of us went to Dabney State Park to play frisbee golf. There were nine of us so we decided to play doubles best ball to speed up. Matt was my partner and he is an excellent so we won! woohoo! We stopped at the Tippy Canoe for lunch on the way back to town. In the afternoon I took a nap and that evening I watched LA Confidential with Elaine, Dave and Gina.

Sunday I watched "A River Runs Through It" in the morning and then drove around looking at apartments. Nothing good so far but Camille and I have a few weeks before we need to move. In the afternoon Gina & I went out to Pier Park for more frisbee golf. It was very busy with lots of people out on the course but we had a great time and we're each getting better. We went back to Gina's house for dinner and to watch "Waiting for Guffman" and the end of the Oscars. Has anyone actually seen Million Dollar Baby??

So that was my weekend. I'll post more pictures tomorrow from the rest of my weekend. Please let me know how you're doing and what's going on with you!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home