February 21, 2005

63 holes of frisbee golf

Hello everyone!

I had a great weekend here. The weather was spectacular all weekend long. It was the first Saturday of the year that it hasn't rained at all so it was welcome. It's actually been really dry here but it always seems to rain on Saturday.

My weekend started early actually. I left work at 1 PM on Friday to go frisbee golfing with Elaine and Gina. It was Girl Golf Day! On my drive to their house I saw Mt St Helens spewing some white steam thousands of feet into the air...kind of distracting when you're driving 65 Mph. First Elaine and I stopped to buy a few more discs and then we drove out to Pier Park in North Portland. The weather was beautiful and we had lots-o-fun playing in the sun. Afterwards we had to drop Gina off at O'Malleys for her pool league (she's obsessed) and Elaine and I went to Pho Van. It's a great Vietnamese restaurant which we can't get enough of. Paul and Brian met up with us and we had a wonderful meal. We then went back to O'Malleys to pick up Gina. We stayed for some beers before heading back to their house to watch a movie (Dogtown and Z-boys).

Saturday morning started with an early round of frisbee golf at Pier Park again. This time it was Elaine, Terry and me. It was so beautiful out again and we had a great time. We played 18 holes and then decided to play 9 more best ball where we each throw but then only play from the best throw so it goes faster.

I went home and showered and cleaned my apartment. Later I went back over to their house. I played Scrabble with Erik and Terry and then we grilled up shish kebabs. We had veggies, beef, chicken and pineapple and a huge caesar salad. It was the perfect day to grill out! Later that night we watched "The Jerk" before calling it a night.

Sunday...guess what?? I went frisbee golfing in the morning! This time there was a group of 6 of us and we went to Dabney State Park. It was a little windy out there as it is the beginning of the Gorge and thus the east winds. It was another beautiful, sunny day out. The wind did mess up our game some but it was fun nonetheless. We went back to their house and had a great lunch of bento from the left over kebab fixins. We then watched "Airplane" before I went home. I read and watched movies at my apartment. I baked some banana bread too. Elaine called me around 9 and invited me to come down to Trivia Night at the Basement Pub. I got there for just the last few questions but I was able to contribute a couple answers. We then went to a different bar nearby to play some shuffleboard before calling it a night.

So that was my weekend! Obviously I've really been loving the frisbee golf! Let me know what you've been up to!

I'll be posting lots of pictures tomorrow.

xoxo,
carolyn

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Great pictures, Carolyn!! I wish I could wear a t-shirt outside. You are an insane frisbee mama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home