February 14, 2005

I'm wearing a red sweater today!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Friday night I went to Sassy Jacks again to see Dave and his friends play. This time there was a banjo player! I had lots of fun talking with my friends and listening to them play. Gina and I walked back to her place and started watching a movie. Sleepiness overcame us both so I just stayed in their guest room up stairs.

Saturday we had our morning coffee and then I went with Gina to a salon and had my eyebrows waxed for the first time! Don't worry...I still have eyebrows...they're not freakishly thin or anything like that just cleaned up a little. I didn't think it was particularly painful either. I went home to make myself some lunch and shower. Jess was in my neighborhood so she stopped by to hang out for a little while. We've registered for a snowshoeing trip through Portland Parks & Recreation in a few weeks so I'm really excited about that!

In the evening Gina and I went to Ichidai for some sushi. Gina made some remarkable progress in her consumption of rolls that contain seaweed. yeah! She hasn't been the biggest fan of seaweed in the past. The sushi was divine and we ran into Camille and her friend Greta who had just eaten dinner too but the restaurant was so busy we didn't see them. Gina and I both like sitting at the sushi bar so we can watch them making their magical creations! yum!!!! We stopped by Gina's house for a bit before going to a friend's house for a party. They had a crazy spread of food including a make your own salad/spring roll bar. It looked great but we were stuffed with sushi. I had a nice time talking with people both friends and strangers.

Sunday I volunteered at the art museum. It was moderately busy due to Portland International Film Festival. Some of the movies are being shown at the museum so there were some crowds for that. There's also a new exhibit of Japanese woodblock prints which I LOVE! In the evening I drove over to Jess' house in Sellwood. We walked to the old theatre near her house and saw the movie "Sideways" which we both really liked. On our walk we were amazed by the number of flowers we saw blooming: daffodils, crocuses, primroses, camellias and daphne. I'm so excited for spring to really get going around here. Yes I know it's February but it's already starting! Later that night I watched a documentary on Frank Lloyd Wright (he sure did like the ladies!) and read my book.

So that's my weekend. Please let me know what you've been up to and how you are. Supposedly they've improved the way people can leave comments on my blog so feel free. I'll be posting a bunch of photos tomorrow.

And to all of you lovers out there (and of course little Valentine Pagel)...Happy Valentine's Day!! boohoo I'm single on Valentine's Day for the first time since I was 15 but I'm really fine with it. no really. I'd like to find a man whose company I enjoy but I don't feel compelled to have a date because of a holiday. I just feel corny because I wore a red sweater today not realizing that it was Valentine's Day. I don't like holiday-themed outfits. ah well...sometimes a red sweater is just a red sweater.

xoxo,
carolyn

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

Be my Valentine!!! I LOVE you!

We met little Valentine Bijou on Saturday, she is beautiful and her parents and grandma seemed happy & relaxed.

When are you coming here? When is SPRING coming here? Crocuses? I'm totally jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home