February 07, 2005

I love the accordion!

Hello everyone!

I had a pretty laid back weekend. Friday night I went over to Elaine and Gina's house. A group of us then walked down to their local bar, Sassy Jacks (also referred to as Slop Jacks). Dave and a group of his friends have a standing Friday night gig there. There were two - three guitars, a mandolin and an accordion and all of the guys can sing too. We all hung out and drank some beers, played pool and listened to the music. It was fun and I'm sure I'll spend more Friday nights there.

Saturday I met up with Elaine around noon and we drove out to Dabney State Park. We met up with Josh & Lindsay and the four of us played 18 holes of frisbee golf. I really need to work on my form if I'm going to improve my score. Either way I think it's tons-o-fun. I stayed at Elaine and Gina's until 8:30 or so playing game after game of Scrabble with Erik, Gina's boyfriend, and Terry. Erik beat me every time. He's some sort of Scrabble master but playing him will only make me better.

Sunday I watched movie after movie (The Party, Ray, Say Anything), cleaned my apartment and talked on the phone with people (Veronica in Chicago and my sister). I saw the last 2 minutes of the Super Bowl which was good enough for me. I met up with Gina to go get some dinner at Pho Van. It was very tasty. mmmmm crispy spring rolls. Gina and I then watched part of The Surreal Life on TV. Mini-me was drunk and naked and Peter Brady was trying to reign him in. It was highly entertaining and useless.

So there ya go! Let me know how your weekend was and what you've been doing!

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home