November 08, 2004

fall's last hurrah?

Hello everyone!

We had a beautiful fall weekend here with no rain & foggy mornings. You have to appreciate them because you don't know how long it will last. Friday I had some work done on my car. I took it to the place where I get my oil changes. As I was sitting in the office reading my book & waiting for Elaine to pick me up, the mechanic came back into the office carrying a phone. Not just any phone, no his phone that he had left in my engine the last time he gave me an oil change (june/july?). He was very excited to have his phone back. I couldn't believe that I'd been driving around with it in my engine for months. very strange & hilarious!

That evening I went out for a Thai feast with Elaine & Dave at the restaurant just dwon the street. Afterwards we went back to their house & played a bunch of ping pong in the basement. I need to keep my game up. practice practice practice oh & it's tons of fun too!

Saturday I ran errands in the morning and watched "eternal sunshing". In the afternoon Camille & I drove out to the Gorge for a hike. I love the gorge the most in the fall with the leaves going & the waterfalls gushing again after the dry summer. We stopped at a viewpoint on the way & then at Multnomah Falls to check out the salmon spawning. They are big fish! We started our hike at Horsetail Falls & went up behind Ponytail Falls, across the Oneonta Gorge & the upper Oneonta Falls then back to the historic highway. We decided to skip the side trip up to Triple Falls as the light was starting to fade. It was a beautiful drive back to Portland. the sun was setting & the Columbia River looks dreamy & gorgeous.

Back in town we made dinner at my house-chicken with rosemary, potatoes, brussel sprouts & biscuits. mmmmmgood stuff! It was great to spend time with Camille & be able to hang out and talk. very nice!

Later that evening I walked down to Hawthorne St & met up with Ginger, Kate & her friend Michelle for some beers at the Bar of the Gods. It was fun hanging out with all of them yakking it up. I didn't stay out late though and walked back home.

Sunday I met up with Elaine, Dave, Erin, Terri & Jay (and a couple dogs)for a day of frisbee golfing. It was my first time and I loved it! We drove to Pier Park in North Portland where there's an 18 whole course. We ran into one of their friends on the course who joined us for a while. It was a beautiful day with the leaves floating down & the sun streaming through the foggy trees. We had lots of fun and I will definitely be going back for more! Elaine & Dave & I stopped for lunch of sandwiches & chowder on the way home. very satisfying! Today I am sore! Ha! From frisbee!

So that was my weekend! Please let me know what you've been doing and how you are. I will be late with next weekend's update as I will be in Minneapolis for a long weekend visit to Greta! I'm so excited!

much love,
carolyn

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Betsy said...

what am I..chopped liv-ah? Just kidding, honey, can't wait to see you here.

Be careful with that frisbee stuff, it starts out as a innocent addiction but it can quickly RULE YOUR LIFE! trust me, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home