June 12, 2007

antibiotics and oysters

Hello everyone!

I had a mellow weekend here in town. I’ve been sick again (more fevers!) so I went to the doctor on Thursday and was sent home with some antibiotics. I have since had to stop taking them as I was having an allergic reaction to it since it was related to penicillin. I've never taken penicillin in my whole life since both my mom and brother have reacted badly to it. I'm still waiting for the doctor to call in a new prescription. I'm losing faith by the minute. Ugh!

Friday night I went over to Elaine and Gina’s house where we had a late dinner (steak and chicken thighs on the grill), potatoes (also done on the grill in foil pouches camping style) and of course a huge caesar salad. After dinner Elaine and Kyle and I sat around the fire in the backyard talking until it was much too late and I had to go home to sleep.

I had a horrible night of sleep and woke up in the middle of the night feeling as if I was freezing to death. After taking some ibuprofen and hanging out on the floor register (heat blasting for 30 minutes) I crawled back into bed and slept. I want to keep sleeping and sleeping but I had to get up to get ready to go to a bridal shower. My good friend Jess is getting married and her mother-in-law-to-be and her friends had a get together at one of their houses. We ate fantastic food and Jess opened her presents and all the ladies talked and talked. From there I quickly went to Elaine and Gina’s house. I wasn’t feeling well but they had something that I knew would make me feel better. Brian and Shannon had gone to the farmer’s market in downtown Portland and bought 5 dozen fresh oysters along with some yummy chevre and a whole flat of fresh Oregon strawberries. I ate some oysters, shucked some oysters, ate some strawberries, ate some oysters, shucked some oysters, ate some oysters, ate some strawberries. It was wonderful. I left there and went home where I laid on the sofa watching some Netflix before going out for the evening.

Camille and I drove to the Pub at the End of the Universe (located at SE 28th & Gladstone) for Terry’s surprise birthday party. Erin brought him by for a beer after their dinner and he was indeed surprised. Instead of a cake there was a cock and balls donut (from Voodoo Donuts) and two HUGE glazed donuts (a la boobies) with whipped cream in the middle along with various delicious cupcakes. It was all very hilarious and Terry wore a crown all night long (until he swapped it for a strange parrot hat with someone else in the bar). I had a great time playing darts (cricket) and talking with friends. I only drank a couple beers and just hung out with my water, happy to be feeling well. I left around 1 to go home where I thankfully slept through the night.

Sunday I spent the day cleaning the house, working in the garden, reading my book and watching Netflix. So that was my weekend. Please let me know how you are and what you’ve been up to. I hope all is well!

Xoxoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home