February 13, 2007

Neko!


Neko!, originally uploaded by carolyn_in_oregon.

We hightailed it out of the concert hall after Merle Haggard was done playing, not interested in any encores he might do. While walking out of the building who do I see standing next to the Neko Case merch table except Neko herself. I lost the powers of speech and could only grin. She signed our tickets and Gina's Neko t-shirt then agreed to a photo with us. She warned me that she might smell bad (sweating under the stage lights) to which I stammered some response. I'll take the Neko stink (but I didn't smell anything).

Neko's show was phenomenal. I got goosebumps so many times I lost count. My eyes filled with tears during "I Wish I was the Moon". Her songs break my heart in the most perfect way. Her voice is so incredible whether she's belting it out or quietly holding that one crystalline note. She is absolutely amazing.

I left the show grinning and floating and glowing. Oh Neko ! How I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home