January 26, 2007

a weekend of not so much

Hello everyone!

My last weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday night I stayed in and watched a movie with Camille. She absolutely loves scary movies so she had rented The Descent. It’s about a group of women that get caught in a cave. Part of it were dumb, parts were scary.

Saturday I had to work for five hours. This is the first Saturday I’ve worked since I was in college so I wasn’t all that thrilled about it. As you know I like to do stuff on the weekend! We hosted a FAFSA Day at the college where we helped students and parents fill out the application for the next school year. We had almost 200 people come in so it was a successful event and well worth our time. I drove back to Portland and stopped at the grocery store. At home I started preparing spaghetti sauce for that night’s dinner. Jess came over and had dinner with Camille and I. We had a big salad, spaghetti and bread with fresh garlic butter. After dinner we sat around the table, drinking delicious red wine and talking for hours. Later we watched part of Trapped in the Closet which Jess had never seen. My friend Becky stars in one of the episodes so it’s always exciting to see her on my tv!

Sunday was kinda cold and gloomy out. I spent the whole day reading and watching Netflix and working on little projects around the house. Really nothing exciting.

I was grateful for working on the crappy, cloudy Saturday because I got five hours off this Wednesday which I used to go on a hike in the Gorge. It was a beautiful, sunny day out and it’s inspired me to get out hiking more in the dry weather. Gina and I are heading out into the Gorge again early tomorrow morning so I promise to have a more interesting weekend to report next week.

Hope all is well! Please let me know how you are and what you’ve been up to.

xoxo,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home