October 30, 2006

I love Halloween!

Friday afternoon I went for a short hike in Forest Park where the leaves are dropping on the mossy forest floor. That evening I hung out at Elaine and Gina’s house for a bit before picking up some carryout from Pho Van and heading home. Seth was at our house, introducing Camille to his new puppy, Maynard. He was tiny and sleepy and adorable. After the puppy left I ate my dinner then watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which was really good and funny. I was happy to stay home knowing that Saturday would be a late night of Halloween parties.

Saturday was foggy and cool in the morning. I made brownies and banana muffins and brought the batter over to Elaine & Gina’s house to bake them. My oven is too temperamental for baking such things. When my baking tasks were done I went home where I read my book and talked on the phone with Greta and later Sara. In the afternoon I put on my costume (Darth Vader) and headed back to Elaine and Gina’s house. Erin came over and gave Gina & me a ride to Molly & Andy’s Halloween potluck. Elaine had gotten slammed with some work so she came over a bit later. Molly and Andy’s house quickly filled up with babies, pregnant ladies and a table absolutely jammed with food. All the dishes were fantastic as was the punch with the floating frozen hand in it. I had a great time talking with friends and holding adorable babies and eating tomato/pesto/mozzarella “eyeballs”. In the evening we left and headed back to Elaine and Gina’s house where some more friends were meeting. Melissa looked fantastic in her Studio 54 outfit and she realized her life long dream of having an afro. We hung out and drank some beers while people got their costumes together. Terry (6’8”) was hilarious as a Hooter’s waitress and John went all out on his giant pink cowboy bunny costume. Impressive! They were all going out to the bars while I was going to a house party so we took several group pictures before parting ways.

I drove over to Mike’s house (my friend Jess’ fiancé) where a monster house party was under way. I had never seen such a party. The entire backyard was carpeted in an attempt to save the lawn which had to be re-sodded every previous year after this party. There was a bar with many kegs of beer and huge jugs of vodka drinks and margaritas. A stage was set up with a dj and karaoke. The party had a rock star theme so Michael Jackson got up and sang Thriller while Axl Rose (both of them actually) sang some Guns ‘n Roses songs. It was pretty entertaining. The whole party was outside so they had porta potties and heat lamps and hanging barrels of fire to keep everyone warm. I had a great time at the party talking with friends and new people. I stayed very late and didn’t make it home until 4 am (3 am with setting the clocks back).

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I only had 3 drinks at the party but I was tired from staying out so late and all the running around. I watched “The Incredibles” and ate some lunch before heading over to Elaine & Gina’s house. I got my photos off my camera and hung out watching tv while Gina knit and Elaine did some work. I headed home early and read my book and slept like a champ. So that was my Halloween weekend. On Tuesday I’ll go over the Elaine & Gina’s house to help hand out candy. I love seeing all the kids in costume and I don’t get to so many trick or treaters in my neighborhood even though it’s just 10 blocks away from them.

Please let me know if you did (or will do) anything fun for Halloween. Did you dress up? As what? do tell do tell!

I hope all is well and hallelujah I’m caught up!

xoxox,
carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home