December 15, 2005

bye bye Silvy

My car is no longer mine. I gave the title to my insurance company about an hour ago. Last night while eating dinner at Elaine and Gina's house we heard a car coming down the hill very, very fast. Then there was squealing then a huge crash and horrible crunching sound. Gina says "I think that was your car Carolyn." We run to the window to see my car smashed to hell and pushed 30 feet from where it was parked and now in the neighbors yard. Next to it there's a brand new Nissan 350Z. Two guys stumble out of the car and run down the street! So yes my car is totalled. Thankfully I wasn't in it. The cops haven't caught the idiot teenagers/meth heads yet and I'm not holding out much hope that they will. This is why people have insurance. The police said the car was worth $35,000 and had less than 350 miles on it. It was from a dealer lot in Vancouver and had no license plates or temporary tags so it was clearly stolen.

The neighbor's fence was destroyed and their big beautiful rosemary bush was smushed. It was strange how it smelled so strongly of rosemary while looking at my crunched car. The cops asked me a bunch of questions and called a tow truck to haul my car off. He had to use a crow bar to wrench some things back into place so they could even tow it away. There was a moment when they thought my car was going to burst into flames. Thankfully there was none of that...I just filled my gas tank on Monday. Damn!

While we were outside staring at the wreckage Riley dog helped himself to our dinner still on the table. Dogs know when to seize an opportunity. Oh well...I lost my appetite anyway.

I'm in the process of buying the neighbor's car (the one whose lawn was filled with crashed cars). He and his wife are retiring and moving to Panama in a few weeks so they were going to sell their car. There is a very small dent in the bumper from where my car hit it at the end of it's fun ride. Weird no? My new car will have a link to my old car.

Silvy was a very good car to me and I bid her a fond farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home