April 25, 2005

I'm done shopping for ugly clothes

Hello everyone!

I had a very nice relaxing weekend. Friday night Elaine and Gina picked me up to go out to dinner together. The new pizza place we wanted to check out was being checked out by too many other people so we decide to pass on the long line and go to our old favorite Pho Van. It was delicious as always. After dinner we went back to the girls house and Elaine started working again. Gina and I hung for a bit before walking down to Sassy Jacks to see Dave play. It was a solo set which I haven't seen him do in a while and he was really cranking out the songs. He sounded great and the show was fun.

Saturday I had plans to go on a hike with Camille and Jess but the weather was too rainy. Instead I watched the documentary "Dig" which follows around 2 bands for seven (yes 7!) years. It was interesting and made me feel like an incredibly well-adjusted person. I then went to Goodwill and bought some more hideous clothes for the Frisbee Masters which is this weekend. I actually found a shirt that has purple and blue unicorns on it! Later in the afternoon I went over to Gina's house. We drove downtown and met up with Elaine who had a work training all weekend downtown at the Heathman Hotel. We walked to the Dragonfish for drinks before Elaine had to go back to the hotel. Gina and I then went shopping at Columbia Sportwear and REI. We stopped for coffee and then went back to her house. We watched a really terrible movie called "Good Advice". So terrible. I went home after that and read my book before going to sleep.

Sunday I read the paper and did the crossword puzzle. I made a bunch of cards. In the afternoon I met up with Gina and we went to get our hair trimmed. Afterwards she treated me to fish and chips and a pint at the Horse Brass Pub. We played a little cribbage too. We went back to her house and I played games with Erin and Dave (Skip Bo and Rummycub). Dave and I then watched a Nature show on the jungle which was really interesting.

So that was my weekend! Nothing too exciting but it was relaxing and nice. I'm really looking forward to this weekend at the Frisbee Masters. It should a blast and I'm sure I'll take tons of pictures. Please let me know how your weekend was and what you've been doing!

xoxo,
carolyn

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Betsy said...

You made me a bunch of vintage Door County cards for Xmas a few years ago. I've been hoarding them to admire, but on Saturday Devin turned 30. He & Ross spent countless summers in Door County during college. It was the PERFECT card for the occasion. Really beautiful and meaningful. Thanks again.

Oh, did Lea really say that about Led Zeppelin? That's so hilarious. I'd have to guess that Clayton digs LZ, but I'll ask him.

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home