October 11, 2004

Lainee's 28th birthday & steaming volcano

Hello!

It was another nice fall weekend here. Friday night I went to Elaine's house. It was her birthday!!! We got take out from a great Lebanese restaurant just up the street & we ate while watching the debate. We sang & Elaine blew out the candles on her cake before we headed out. We went down to Slow Bar where a group of her friends had gathered. We started off with fancy drinks & had lots of fun talking. From there we headed back to the old neighborhood & the old familiar dive bar, O'Malleys. Another group of friends were there. It was lots of fun & we stayed until they kicked us out! A group of us piled in a cab & crashed at Elaine & Gina's house.

Saturday I woke up way too early & we made breakfast. I spent the day watching movies with a brief trip to the grocery store. That night I went back over to Elaine & Gina's house. We watched Fahrenheit 9/11 & turned in early.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny day out. I drove over to jess' house & we went downtown together for some shopping. Later that night I went over to Camille's house & hung out there for a little while before coming back to my house to watch a movie. The best part of my day was when I got to see the steam coming out of Mt St Helens as I drove over to Camille's. Last week's rain has put a fresh layer of snow on the mountains & the setting sun made them pink & purple. Pretty incredible sight already without the steam coming out of the crater. It's active again this morning but just small steam bursts. Check out the volcano cam...

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

So that was my weekend. I hope you are all doing well. Let me know what you've been up to!

xox,
carolyn

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Betsy said...

Hooray Carolyn!!! Welcome to Blogger-land, where we can see tons more of your beee-utiful pictures without waiting for them to load. You should post some of your postcard collages. They are so lovely. xo Bets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home